- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 c. pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c. water
- 2 stick butter
- 1 jar marshmallow cream (such as Marshmallow Fluff or Creme)
- 1 c. confectioners’ sugar
- ½ tsp. each maple extract and vanilla extract
- Garnish optional
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Coat two 8 x 2-in. round baking pans with nonstick cooking spray. Line bottoms with wax paper; spray paper.
- Make Cake: Beat cake mix, pumpkin purée, eggs and water in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide batter between pans.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Invert, remove pans, peel off paper and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make Frosting: Beat butter in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in marshmallow cream until blended, then beat in confectioners' sugar and extracts. Increase speed to high and beat about 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Assemble: Cut off rounded tops of each cake layer to make flat, if desired. Place a cake layer, top side up, on a serving platter. Spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Place remaining cake layer, top side up, on top. Frost sides and top with remaining frosting. Store, loosely covered, in refrigerator up to 2 days. Let come to room temperature before serving. Garnish with marzipan pumpkins and vines.
credit goes to this website